We are very humbled with the many queries we receive during the year for our tote bags. Once a year, we give them away (free with every purchase, as long as stock lasts). Well, they are here, this year with a beautiful light blue color, so be sure to come by!
If you are familiar with our range, you’ll know that we have a weak spot for anchors. We love the bold graphic allure, the sheer variety of shapes and sizes and of course the symbolism of strength. This is selection of our favorite anchor products currently available at Townhouse.
- Sweatshirt, for him and her, CHF 89
- Eau de Parfum, Sel Marin, CHF 159
- Lucky Charm, 18k gold plated, CHF 33
- Sweatshirt, for her, CHF 68
- Coin Pouch, CHF 28
- Foulard, 100% silk, CHF 79
- Pencil Case, cotton/linen, CHF 39
We are very excited about the newest addition to the Townhouse Art Edition. Inspired by the Marx Brother’s movies the extremely talented and local artist Mr. Burn has chosen a quote from Groucho Marx and finely captured his humor with an illustration of a dachshund. Click here (or visit http://vimeo.com/55858972) to view a short making-of or here to order online and for more information. A1, Edition of 50, signed and numbered, CHF 149. (Picture by Mooris)
We have a soft spot for Christmas songs and like every year we would like to share some of our favorite records with you (all of which are now available at Townhouse 1 to purchase). We recommend a glass of Glühwein and some Swiss Mailänderli cookies while browsing through some selected songs from the new CDs below.
- Vince Guaraldi Trio – A Charlie Brown Christmas: Looks can be deceptive and this is in our opinion one of the best jazz albums for Christmas (CHF 29.90)
- Diana Krall – Christmas Songs featuring the Clayton / Hamilton Jazz Orchestra: If you are looking for an uplifting interpretation of seasonal favourites from the great American Songbook, this is the record (CHF 29.90)
- Tracey Thorn – Tinsel and Lights: Thorn was well known in the 80’s and is finally back with very delicate interpretations of future Christmas standards by the likes of Dolly Parton and the White Stripes (CHF 24.90)
- Sufjan Stevens – Silver and Gold: If anyone is really serious about Christmas then it is this renowned alternative and electronic artist. A full box set with 5 (!) CDs, stickers, posters booklets etc. will deliver an instance rush of festive extravaganza (CHF 49.90)
CHRISTMAS MIX (image by Ralph Crane)
- Greensleeves | Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Christmas Time Is Here | Diana Krall
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas | Tracey Thorn
- Coventry Carol | Sufjan Stevens
- The Christmas Song | Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Winter Wonderland | Diana Krall
- Christmas In The Room | Sufjan Stevens
- Maybe This Christmas | Tracey Thorn
- O Tannenbaum | Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Hard Candy Christmas | Tracey Thorn
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! | Sufjan Stevens
These lovely hats are made from 100% finest Italian Cashmere by the wonderful Lara Bulla in Zurich exclusively for Townhouse.
Here a selection of our latest novelties:
1) Wool blanket, various colors available, 152 x 122cm, CHF 138
2) Pencil set, CHF 10
3) Crystal tassel bracelets, CHF 36
4) Star t-shirt, for him and her, CHF 64
5) Key holders, leather with brass, CHF 48
6) Jewelry, (gold plated) 925 Sterling Silver, CHF 68-164
7) Bell bracelets, 18 carat gold plated, CHF 29
When teaming up with Edition Populaire for the new shop at Geroldsstrasse we were soon brainstorming about possibilities for a first co-produced product. A local and organic ketchup was something we had in mind for quite a while and now seemed like the perfect opportunity. We teamed up with experts, first recipes were created and complemented with a fun evening of fries, sausages and ketchup tasting until the perfect ingredients were matched. Our Ketch-Up is produced in Zurich, using only the finest, organic and local ingredients. The idea was to create something pure in regard to taste by using only essential ingredients (tomatoes, apple vinegar, salt, sugar-beet sirup) and to find the perfect balance between sweet and sour. The result is a healthy, delicious and unique Ketch-Up, giving burgers et al. a whole new food experience. CHF 12.
Image by Lorenz Cugini.
Please join us and surrounding shops for our annual evening of drinks & night-shopping on October 4th between 5.30 and 10pm. We look forward to welcoming you to our shop at Weite Gasse 4.
We are very excited to announce the opening of our second Townhouse shop in Zurich. Set in the newly built Frau Gerolds Garten between the Freitag and Prime tower, the new shopping area Gerolds Markt will open its doors in a couple of days: six shops, a whole new shopping experience in Zurich. We will be sharing our shop with the lovely Edition Populaire and together we have spent the past few weeks building, painting and having lots of fun doing so. Please join us on Saturday, September 15th 11am – 6pm for bites and drinks and to celebrate and discover our new shop. Geroldstrasse 23, 8005 Zurich (www.geroldgarten.ch).